Friday, January 27, 2012

Na Pali Coastified

 As seen in Jurassic Park when the helicopter flies over the island, I give you the Na Pali Coast.  My rafting adventure on one of the most scenic coastlines in the world was one I will never forget.

The whole time I felt as if I was in some type of other world.  It's the type of beauty that you see and it looks as if it's just a painting, that it doesn't even exist.  The pictures do not even justify this amazing creation.

The beaches are sacred along the coast in which you are not allowed to land on them, except for those Hollywood types that pay to film at different spots along the coast.

There are a few sea caves that we backed into on the raft.  This was a very exhilarating part of the trip.  As the waves came into the cave it would raise the raft higher up on the sea cave walls, it took a very skilled raft driver to pull on these moves.

Jumping into the ocean and swimming by the coastline was unforgettable.  I still struggle with the idea of sharks so that was a little nerve racking but what are the chances of that happening.  

Toward the middle of the trip when we were about to turn around and head back I started feeling the sea sickness coming on.  As the boat was staying in place the waves making the boat move up and down made me a little wheezy.  We took a break for lunch but I could not eat mine, let alone could I watch other's each their own lunch.  I lost it and as some would say I "tossed my cookies".  I was excited to head back, I was not as sea sick when the boat actually started moving, and moving it did as sped through the ocean.  At the end of the trip we did some whale watching as I was able to view for the second time a breaching whale.  At the end of the trip I was sure glad to be back on stable land as I stuffed my face with my lunch since I was not able to eat on the boat.

I will possibly do this trip again before I leave but will take some precautions so that I do not get sea sick again if I do go.

No comments:

Post a Comment